The world of careers and employment has changed dramatically since the turn of the century:
- More jobs will require at least some higher education, and be dependent on 21st-century skills, such as abilities to think creatively, communicate effectively and work in teams.
- Given the Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous world that we are increasingly experiencing, academic knowledge will quickly become out of date and it will be the people who can adapt and learn new skills who will thrive.
- It is estimated that 65% of Generation Z are expected to do jobs in the future that don’t currently exist and developing an awareness of what you can offer employers will be key to personal and professional success.
- 30% of our lives are spent at work yet 3 out of 5 people are unhappy in their jobs
These challenges are not limited to the younger generation but to anyone transitioning careers as organisations mechanise, downsize and re-organise.
Addressing Career Challenge…
Enabling career seekers and transitioners to achieve their full potential and develop the skills required to thrive in the workplace requires clarity about personal strengths and development points AND a trusted, objective adviser to help find the right direction and ensure answers to questions such as:
- What am I here for in the world?
- What can I do, what do I want to do and what am I willing to do?
- Why do I work for this organisation?
- What can this organisation do to help me fulfil my meaning in the world?
- How can I help this organisation help me fulfil my meaning in the world?
- Can I really do this job?
- How do I connect with my team?
- What if I don’t have all the knowledge, skills and abilities I need to actually do this job?
- Who do I go to for support or help without looking inept or incompetent?
- Our approach means that in a competitive and fast-changing environment, we are able to provide Vision, Understanding, Clarity and Agility.
What is CatapultCareer?
CatapultCareer is a personalised intelligence tool-set specifically designed to support students, job-seekers and career transitioners with accurate, objective and current information about the employability attitudes, skills and talents they possess. Further, it provides rich data regarding any risk factors that might need to be addressed and skills that need to be developed.
The approach that we use to help raise self-awareness and employability skills is:
- Objective and ‘ungameable’
- Accurate and detailed, and
- A tool for development and progress
CatapultCareer is underpinned by Axiometrics® profiling which was developed from the value science work of the Nobel-nominated Dr. Robert S. Hartman. Unlike typical methodologies that claim to highlight strengths and rely on self-reporting, Axiometrics® profiling enables us to identify the internal valuing system (how we think) and the associated thinking patterns that influence our attitudes, decisions and consequent actions; it determines why we do what we do and how we are likely to act in any given situation.
After more than 40 years of development, Axiometrics® scientists have refined Hartman’s mathematical modelling to measure real-life variables with remarkable accuracy and precision.
What does CatapultCareer do?
We work with individuals who are looking to optimise their opportunity of finding the right role or career for them at this point in time. While academic qualifications and technical skills are important, our approach identifies the ‘softer’ skills that employers are looking for when identifying whether someone is a fit for their organisation
CatapultCareer provides a coaching package that blends our experienced and accredited coaching with the accuracy and objectivity of Axiometrics® profiling.
Using Axiometrics® allows us to measure the valuing or thinking patterns that sit beneath the judgements you make about yourself, others and the world around you. Once we have established these strengths and vulnerabilities we are able to advise you of your key skills and development points and help you to create long and short term plans and actions that will enable you to find the roles that will exploit your strengths.
Whether starting your career, starting a new enterprise or transitioning from one career to another, CatapultCareer helps steer people on the right path and identify employability skills and competencies:
- Career – Career Preparation, Employability skills, Feedback, Coaching and Mentoring
- Career transition –identify transferability of skills and talent from one role to another
- Entrepreneurs –identify the strengths that will steer the success of your business
How is CatapultCareer delivered?
CatapultCareer is based around a simple, 15-minute, online statement-ordering. It is non-invasive, ethically robust and demonstrably reliable.
- Is based on values and identifies how we make sense of our experiences and, consequently, how we are likely to behave
- Makes no attempt to classify or categorise individuals
- Does not discriminate for age, gender, creed or culture and is validated by the EEOC in the US
- Is able to predict future performance based on current attributes
Outputs from the online assessment form the foundation for one-to-one feedback, learning need analysis and ongoing coaching– all delivered by qualified and experienced Axiometrics® analysts and coaches.
What value is added by CatapultCareer?
CatapultCareer services provide:
- an awareness of the skills needed to secure a role and thrive in an organisation
- a unique insight into the skills and strengths you possess and how these rate against employers’ requirements
- a career goal and development plan to get you closer to your perfect role
- insight into preferred learning style and how this can be used to enhance the development of employability skills
- a robust tool to help prepare for interviews
- insight into questions potential employers might ask
- a tool to help chart a course in life-based on clear knowledge of what you can do, what you want to do, and what you are willing to do
- clarity about how to make a positive impact in a new role from day 1
Is a repeatable profiling service that shows ‘distance travelled’ or the impact of development interventions on thinking and, therefore, potential performance