What happens when a new employee joins your team? How long does it take to get to know a new team member? How many of your decisions about projects, responsibilities, teams and objectives are based on information gleaned from interviews? How do you know how well this person will really fit into your team? How long do you spend ‘inducting’ them? How long before they are truly up and running with their new role?
What if all of this could be done faster, more effectively and with the confidence that you were making the right decisions about your new recruit from the start?
Why is it especially important to know who you are hiring?
People – a business’s most important resource – are also its greatest source of risk. Getting the right people in the right seats for your business is key to success and one of the biggest challenges that leaders and managers face. Basing hiring decisions on past performance can be costly: just because someone has performed well in the past doesn’t mean they can perform in your unique environment now and in the future.
Research has shown that the cost of a bad hire is typically around £30,000. In addition, mis-hires are likely to have a negative effect on employee morale, team performance and customer retention. It may also lead to large legal bills and less quantifiable costs – particularly in manager’s time – in disengaging the bad hire and re-engaging a, hopefully, less disruptive replacement. The collateral damage to a business’s reputation is immeasurable
What is CatapultOn-board?
CatapultOn-board is a specialist business intelligence toolset specifically designed to support recruiters and line managers with an accurate, objective and current information about the attitudes, skills and talents a new hire brings to their organisation. Further, it provides rich data regarding how to bring out the best in the individual along with any risk factors that should be addressed by supervisors.
The approach that we use to help recruit and onboard talent effectively is:
- Objective and ‘ungameable’
- Accurate and detailed, and
- A tool for development and progress
CatapultOn-board is underpinned by Axiometrics® profiling which was developed from the value science work of the Nobel-nominated Dr. Robert S. Hartman. It enables us to identify the internal valuing system and associated thinking patterns that influence our attitudes, decisions and consequent actions; it determines why we do what we do.
After more than 40 years of development, Axiometrics® scientists have refined Hartman’s mathematical modelling to measure real-life variables with remarkable accuracy and precision.
Axiometrics® profiling is now widely used to measure and assess capacities and risk attributes of individuals, teams and organisations across the world. It is seen as complementary to other approaches used in human resource management such as those delivered by psychologists, anthropologists and neuro-scientists.
What does CatapultOn-board do for you?
‘CatapultOn-board allowed me to understand the needs of the new Head of Department and how we could transition her smoothly into the department to ensure that she prospered and succeeded. Using CatapultOn-board allowed us to agree success criteria for her first year in–post and provided a full understanding of how she could add value to the organisation. It also allowed her line manager an insight into her communications and learning styles and the way he needed to support and empower her’.
CEO, Education Industry
How is CatapultOn-board delivered?
CatapultOn-board is based on a simple, 15-minute, on-line statement-ordering exercise undertaken by designated staff. It is non-invasive and has the following characteristics:
- Identifies how we make sense of our experiences and, consequently, how we are likely to behave
- Makes no attempt to classify or categorise individuals
- Is based on a single Universal Norm – and emphatically not one ‘created’ to validate a result
- Does not discriminate for age, gender, creed or culture and is validated by the EEOC in the US
- Is able to predict future performance based on current attributes relative to a defined environment
- Axiometrics reports for the new recruit and the ‘owning’ line manager
- One-to-one feedback and coaching sessions for the new recruit and for the ‘owning’ line manager (typically 1½ – 2 hours per person).
- Feedback to the ‘owning’ line manager on the strengths and vulnerabilities of the new recruit along with clear guidance regarding how to help bring out the best in him/her.
Coaching sessions are delivered by qualified and experienced Axiometrics Analysts and coaches.
What value is added by CatapultOn-board?
CatapultOn-board has been developed to ensure that the recruiting/’owning’ line manager can simply and cost-effectively:
- Improve the new recruit’s ability to get the job done
- Understand the individual’s propensity for ‘risky’ behaviour
- Enhance personal leadership and communication styles
- Understand qualities, attributes, strengths and vulnerabilities
- Develop trusted individuals – whose data may be aggregated to create team or organisational-level views – and to get the best out of them whilst retaining the right talent and best performers.
What does CatapultOn-board cost?
Pricing is based on a simple cost per user model and can be easily tailored to your particular business scenario. Report charges can be supported by a simple fees model for consultancy resources to support you along the way.